Supported Commands and Features in MemSQL Cloud
MemSQL Cloud supports most of the features and commands available in MemSQL. This topic provides a list of all supported and unsupported commands and features that can be used on a MemSQL Cloud cluster.
- Pipelines are supported with two exceptions: Pipelines system variables cannot be modified from the default settings, and transforms are not supported. When creating a Pipeline on a MemSQL Cloud cluster, ensure that the data source is configured to be accessed by a cluster. For example, if you are creating a Kafka Pipeline, you may need to add your MemSQL Cloud cluster’s endpoint to the Kafka cluster’s IP address whitelist.
- Workload Management is supported, however its configuration cannot be modified from the default settings.
- Workload Profiling is supported, however its configuration cannot be modified from the default settings.
- High Availability is supported and automatically enabled with a redundancy level of 2. See the Managing High Availability for more information about redundancy levels.
- Durability is enabled by default, however you cannot change the default
- SSL is supported and enabled by default for the primary administrator account, however you can also connect to the cluster without using SSL.
- Third-party authentication, such as Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM), SAML Authentication, and Kerberos Authentication are unsupported.
- MemSQL Ops is unsupported, as there are no MemSQL Ops agents running on a MemSQL Cloud cluster, and the management features of MemSQL Ops are superseded by the MemSQL Cloud Console’s functionality.
- Streamliner is unsupported. Additionally, this feature is deprecated and will be removed in MemSQL 6.0.
- Audit Logging is unsupported.
- All Aggregate Functions
- All Conditional Functions
- All Date and Time Functions
- All JSON Functions
- All Geospatial Functions
- All Numeric Functions
- All SHOW Commands
- All String Functions
- All Window Functions
- All Pipelines Commands are supported, with the exception of the
WITH TRANSFORMclause of CREATE PIPELINE, as Pipelines transforms are currently unsupported in MemSQL Cloud.
- All Data Definition Language (DDL) commands are supported, with the exception of
- All Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands are supported.
The following Operational Commands are supported:
The following Cluster Management Commands are supported:
As a fully-managed service with optimized configuration settings, MemSQL Cloud does not support some cluster-level and operational commands that could alter these settings. Each unsupported command is listed below.
The following Operational Commands are unsupported:
- CONTINUE REPLICATING
- REPAIR DATABASE
- REPLICATE DATABASE
- PAUSE REPLICATING
- SNAPSHOT DATABASE
- STOP REPLICATING
The following Cluster Management Commands are unsupported:
- ADD LEAF
- AGGREGATOR SET AS MASTER
- ATTACH LEAF
- ATTACH LEAF ALL
- ATTACH PARTITION
- COPY PARTITION
- CREATE PARTITION
- DETACH LEAF
- DETACH PARTITION
- DROP PARTITION
- EXPLAIN REBALANCE PARTITIONS
- REMOVE LEAF
- PROMOTE PARTITION
- REBALANCE PARTITIONS
- RESTORE REDUNDANCY
Other unsupported commands: