Use this guide to install the
memsql-server packages and migrate from MemSQL Ops to the MemSQL management tools for cluster management. The migration tool automates most of the migration process.
MemSQL tools allow you to perform cluster management operations for setup, configuration, and diagnostics. Operations are done through CLI commands which can be easily scripted for use in a variety of deployment environments and scenarios.
Most of the tools are part of the
memsql-toolbox package. However, the lower-level management tool,
memsqlctl, is part of the
memsql-server package (which includes the MemSQL engine).
Along with these packages, MemSQL also offers a client application through the
memsql-client package to connect to your MemSQL cluster and run queries.
/home/<user>/memsql directory is used through this guide to hold the necessary migration files and demonstrate the associated migration commands, this directory can be substituted with any directory that a non-
sudo user has access to.
This guide assumes that:
- The MemSQL cluster components were installed via tarball
- The user that created the cluster does not have
- The user performing the migration does not have
- The MemSQL cluster is managed by MemSQL Ops v7.0 or later, which can be verified via
memsql-ops agent-list(Learn how to upgrade)
- The MemSQL cluster is running MemSQL 7.0 or later, which can be verified via
memsql-ops memsql-list(Learn how to upgrade)
- MemSQL Toolbox v1.3.0 or later, which can be verified via
memsql-toolbox-config version(Learn how to upgrade)
Ensure that the following ports are open for use:
|22||Inbound/Outbound||SSH / SFTP|
|443||Inbound/Outbound||MemSQL repository connection|
The installing user must be able to log into each host via
A host is a physical or virtual machine.